Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How To Sell An Energy Drink

Darren Rovell, who runs the must-read Sports Biz blog on CNBC, is as intrigued as I am by one "Nora Tobin, Pro Beach Volleyball Player", the delicate young flower who appears in the online FRS energy drink ads. There's an enormous popularity gulf between their two spokesfolks (the two I have seen in ads, anyway), the relatively anonymous yet washboard-abbed Nora Tobin and megastar Lance Armstrong. And yet I bet that despite her being largely unknown the Tobin ads gets far more clickthroughs than old Lance's ad solely on account of her rather fetching appearance. Either way, she is certainly getting noticed which proves that the sex, it sells, baby. In the meantime, I've seen their ads a thousand times and I still have no idea what the hell FRS is. The can looks too much like Tab to trust as being safe.

No comments: